Owning a small business is no simple task. In order to make it a success, there are a number of things which you must do. In this technological age, perhaps the most important thing that you must do is create a website for your business. A website is vital to the success of a small business for a number of reasons. Here are 9 of them.
- Cheap Marketing – No, not cheap as in shoddy, but cheap as in inexpensive! For the low cost of a website, you open your business up to an entirely new marketing stream. Showcasing your business’s products, services, and general identity on the internet is, in a lot of ways, like airing a tv ad. It exposes potential customers to your business, its brand personality, and everything that it has to offer. Take advantage of every potential marketing avenue at your disposal. It will undoubtedly result in bigger overall sales.
- Gives you control over your online identity – Whether or not your business has a website, it’s going to be online. The only thing you can affect is who is controlling your business’s online presence and identity. Through Facebook, review sites, Twitter, and other means, your business will be discussed online. You don’t want other websites to be the authority on your business do you? It’s risky to say the least. By starting a website for your business, you will be able to have the authority on your businesses overall online presence and identity. Your website can host its own customer reviews, distribute its own forms of marketing, and communicate customers directly. While there will still be other website out there to affect your online presence, you will have the power to counteract them.
- Search Engine Optimization – Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of getting your website to rank high on search sites like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. By getting your business’s website to rank high on these sites, you’ll be exposing your business to a bevy of new customers. Let’s say you’re an electrician living in Brisbane. If someone enters “electricians in Brisbane” into Google, a number of Brisbane electricians’ websites will pop up. If you’re able to get your website at the top of the list, customers are much more likely to choose your services over those of other electricians.
- Provides convenient access for your customers – For some reason, people hate making phone calls these days. Whether you like it or not, it is what it is. Most people, when trying to glean information about a certain business, take to the internet in search of a website. It has become an expectation for the majority of people in the world today. You don’t want to disappoint potential customers. You don’t want to do anything that would turn them away from your business. Not having a website will undoubtedly turn potential customers away from dealing with your business.
- To compete with fellow businesses – Regardless of what industry your businesses is in, it is sure to be in competition with fellow businesses. These fellow businesses almost certainly have websites; if not all, then most. The only true way of competing with other businesses in your industry these days is by having a website. A website allows you to sell online, seamlessly communicate with customers, and market practically non-stop. Don’t let competitors take away all of your potential business. Get your business online, and fight for what you deserve.
- Allows for online purchases – What with the success of Amazon and other online marketplaces, online selling has become the norm. Wouldn’t it be great if your business could sell its products online without a middleman? Well, by having a website, this is possible. By putting an online marketplace on your business’s website, you will be able to sell all of your products directly to your customers. And the best part is, it allows for sales to be made at all times. There doesn’t have to be somebody present to communicate with customers and take orders. The order will come in, you’ll see it on your own time, and you’ll react accordingly. It’s made selling as simple as ever.
- Makes your business look legitimate – Anybody who’s anybody is on the internet today. For this reason, your business needs a website. Having a website instantly lends your business legitimacy. Clients and customers will both see your business in a different light than they would if it didn’t have a website. Not having a website makes your business look as if it’s behind the times, not accustomed to the way that business operates in this new technological age. You want your business to be seen as a leader in its field, not a relic.
- It means never having to close – At some point, the majority of physical businesses have to close for the day. It’s not fiscally responsible to keep them open during certain hours. But with a business website, your business will practically be open 24 hours a day. A business website allows customers to make purchases, consult FAQ, and glean a better understanding of your business overall.
- It’s Easy – You may think that starting a website for your business is a chore, but honestly, it’s a lot easier than you may think. Better Online provide a simple drag and drop way to get your website created quickly with a bunch of great looking templates you can us, check it out
And the best part is that they’re very affordable. It’s cheap and it’s easy. You have no excuse not to do it. And there you have it. If you want to succeed as a small business in this day and age, your business absolutely needs a website. A website acts as a virtual center for all things that have to do with your business. It’s a marketplace, a customer service center, a product showcase, and so much more. Don’t allow your business to get lost in the shuffle of modern technology. Start a website for your business as soon as possible.